Hartford Family Winery was founded in 1994 as a result of Don and Jennifer Hartford’s appreciation for the wines, people, and unique vineyards near their Russian River Valley home. Located in the Sonoma County town of Forestville, the winery is about 15 miles from the cool Pacific Coast.
Making flavorful wines with strong personalities is directly related to the challenging locations of the vineyard sources and the varietals used in each limited production. “Character through adversity” is an expression that Don believe applies to people and grapevines, as surviving adversity builds character and personality in both.
The first half of this experience begins in Sonoma, at the renowned Hartford Family Winery. Tucked in the foothills of the Russian River Valley, two couples will indulge in a two-night stay at the Hartford Family estate. Your getaway will include an immersive winery tour. From Vines to the Barrel Room, winemaker Jeff Stewart along with Proprietor Don Hartford will lead you through a tour and tasting detailing traditional winemaking techniques used to produce luscious wines that express terroir. In addition to this behind-the-scenes experience, you will join Jeff and Don for dinner at an acclaimed local restaurant featuring the wines of Hartford Family Winery.
Your crossover to the Napa experience begins with a helicopter tour of Hartford’s mountain vineyards in Sonoma and Napa counties. From here you will travel to Spire Collection’s private estate in Napa Valley. The Spire Collection includes a portfolio of notable wineries including La Jota Vinyeard on Howell Mountain, Mt. Brave on Mt. Veeder, Lokoya, and Cardinale.
The Spire Collection’s private estate is nestled among the vineyards of Calistoga in the celebrated Napa Valley. This warm and welcoming gated estate awaits two couples for a two-night stay in one of its luxuriously exclusive suites.
Each suite at the Spire House is equipped with all the necessary comforts including backyard gardens that open up to a panoramic view of mountain ranges spanning from east to west. In addition to your stay, you will receive a private VIP tasting of wines in the Spire Collection with a cheese pairing and vineyard walk. Complete your trip with a picnic lunch in the Mt. Brave vineyard, followed by hillside tastings overlooking La Jota's W.S. Keyes vineyard on Howell Mountain, two of the most prestigious appellations in Napa Valley.
This lot includes:
- Two (2) nights for four (4) at the Hartford Family Estate
- From Vines to the Barrel Room Tour & Tasting for four (4)
- Dinner with Winemaker/Proprietor including Hartford Family Wines for four (4)
- Helicopter Tour of Sonoma and Napa for four (4)
- Two (2) nights for four (4) at the Spire House
- Spire Collection/Estate tour, tasting, vineyard walk and cheese pairing for four (4)
- Mt. Brave Vineyard picnic lunch for four (4)
- La Jota W.S. Keyes hillside tasting for four (4)
- 3L 2013 Fog Dance Pinot Noir (RP 96) or 2013 Stone Cote Chardonnay (RP 95) for each couple signed by Jeff Stewart and Don Hartford
- Six (6) 750ml bottles for each couple of your choice from tasted wines of Hartford Family Winery
- Six (6) 750ml bottles for each couple of your choice from tasted wines of the Spire Collection
Donated by: Hartford Family Winery and Spire Collection
Restrictions: To be redeemed on a mutually agreed upon date, with a minimum of 60 days notice. Offer expires one year from purchase on 4/30/18.