This lot benefits: Children's Volunteer Health Network
By all accounts, this trip is a life changing experience and should not be missed.
Located in central Italy between Tuscany and Marche, Umbria offers a timeless glimpse into what Italian life is all about: beautiful scenery, great food, incredible wines and wonderful friends. A car service to Umbria and a rental car to use during your stay are also included in this lot for your convenience.
Four couples will spend a full week in a four bedroom, 17th century farmhouse and stable that has been carefully restored to offer all the modern conveniences you would expect in a luxury property. Surrounded by beautiful countryside views, the common areas offer comfortable spaces for group entertainment or finding a quiet moment of solitude. This incredible setting includes a covered terrace, private swimming pool, and beautiful landscaping inclusive of a thriving herb and vegetable garden.
The large open courtyard offers the perfect environment for dining al fresco, and is ideal for your dinner with Dina, a charming, talented local cook and Nona (grandmother) who will prepare an authentic Umbrian dinner at the villa. She can fire up the wood-burning oven for pizza, make pasta from scratch, or roast lamb on a spit.
Enjoy a full-day of wine tours with Stefano, the charming local driver who will also deliver a rental car for your use throughout your stay. Visit the Fratelli Pardi Linen Factory and Winery in Montefalco. First view the shop and then enjoy a tour and tasting lunch at the Pardi family’s Cantina. Family-owned for three generations, their restaurant provides its guests a true taste of old world winemaking and hospitality.
Immerse yourself in the culture of authentic Italian cooking when you partake in a hands-on morning class with Noni and Tita from within the comfort of your villa. You’ll learn all about the theory, history and techniques of traditional Umbrian dishes that will result in a four to five-course meal and as well as recipes for each dish to take home with you.
Continue to taste your way through the Italian countryside with a variety of wine tours and tastings. Begin with a a three-course lunch followed by a wine and olive tasting at Enoteca Properizo in the charming village of Spello, before moving on to a Palazzone wine tour and tasting in the Orvieto region with winemaker, Giovanni. Full concierge services will be provided by the villa owner to meet your every need.
This lot includes:
- Seven (7) nights for eight (8) in the four (4) bedroom luxury villa of Fondo Le Tegile in Umbria, Italy
- Dinner with Dina
- Wine tour with Stefano
- Cooking lesson at the Villa with Noni and Tita
- Fratelli Pardi Linen Factory and Winery Visit for eight (8) in Montefalco, Italy
- Three (3) course lunch with wine and olive tasting for eight (8) at Enoteca Properizo
- Enoteca Properizo is located in the charming village of Spello, Italy. Owners Irene and Roberto’s wine cellar is considered unique in the area thanks to the wide range of Italian and international offerings. The result is a spot among the top 20 Italian wine retailers. The tasting lunch includes small courses of Umbrian delights paired with wines from the region and surrounding areas of Italy. This is a great opportunity to buy some wine for shipping to enjoy back home.
- Palazzone wine tour and tasting for eight (8)
- Palazzone fundamentally adheres to the traditions of winemaking in the Orvieto region. They use modern technology to enhance those traditions and are passionate about turning great grapes into great wine. Winemaker Giovanni will walk you through the cellar and cantina, while pouring wine for tasting. He has a great story and the setting is spectacular. ™
- Rental car for seven (7) nights
- Airport/Rome Transfers
Donated by: Children’s Volunteer Health Network
Restrictions: Available April 2017- July 31, 2018. Booking is based on availability. Expires 7/31/18.
>>Preview More Lots